01 Apr CoViD-19 Update On ClubSwan Racing Events
Due the CoViD-19 emergency affecting the whole world, Nautor’s Swan is fully committed to follow National and International instructions to avoid the spread of the virus.
With the developments of the last few days to help the global population to fight and reduce the spread of the virus, Nautor’s Swan and ClubSwan teams are fully focused on minimizing the effects the Corona Virus might have on the racing calendar.
We have decided to postpone the first event of the circuit, which was also the debut of the ClubSwan 36 class with more than 10 yachts participating.
The ACI Cup, in partnership with ACI Marina, which should have been held in Rovinj, from May 6th to 10th has been postponed to November 3rd – 7th.
“We are trying to do our part to fight against this pandemic. Our ClubSwan members come from very different geographical areas and we care for their safety and health, and also we don’t want them to miss the chance of racing all together.” says Enrico Chieffi, Group Vice President.
As an ongoing situation, ClubSwan will continue to confirm the other spectacular events in its calendar planned for the 2020 season, reserving the right to provide regular updates on whether these are likely to be affected by national restrictions.
For events not directly organized by ClubSwan, all important elements of THE NATIONS LEAGUE circuit for Swan One Design Classes, the Organizing Authorities will decide the best way to proceed conforming to their national Law. Therefore, ClubSwan reserves the right whether to keep them within the circuit to allow equal attendance to the teams, granting the spirit of fair competition between nations.
It is the case of PalmaVela, which has been just postponed by the Real Club Nautico de Palma, while for Rolex Giraglia and Copa del Rey Mapfre, we will inform you accordingly.
In the eventuality of any cancellation, the scoring system for THE NATIONS LEAGUE will be amended accordingly and communicated to the fleets.
“We therefore plan to issue an information bulletin two months in advance of each event, based on current guidelines at that time” continues Enrico “We are really confident and positive everything will be all right and we’ll be soon racing with our usual Spirit of Swan”.